|Photo: Southern Belle Taste.|
Sometimes, it's refreshing to just eat vegetables. No meat...just veggies. While I was pregnant last year, I often craved a savory bowl of cold veggies, and that craving is reappearing as I type. I wanted to make a veggie salad that was simple, yet good. One that didn't have mayo and pasta. So this is what I came up with. (Considering this is currently approximately 7 months later since the first time I made this, I'm pretty sure I don't have everything accounted for precisely! Excuse me, please!)
2 cucumbers (cut in cubes)
1 tomato (cut in cubes)
1 can of corn
1/3 cup chopped red onion (I honestly did not measure this. Just seems to be an acceptable amount.)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (if there appears to be too much oil, add 1-2 extra tsp of vinegar)
2 tsp of Sea Salt (or enough to your liking)
1 tsp of pepper (or enough to your liking)
Dash of cayenne peper
Juice of a small lime
1. Cut up cucumbers, tomato, and red onion in a medium size bowl.
2. Drain water from can of corn. Add corn to vegetable bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix the dressing ingredients.
4. Pour dressing over vegetables and stir together.
5. Chill in refrigerator until time to serve.