Monday, May 21, 2012

Favorite Healthy Pantry & Frig Must Haves



Being a married lady, I have found the importance of keeping certain items in the frig or in the pantry.  Here are my household's favorite ingredients to "always" have available.


1. Peanut Butter- I never thought I would be such a peanut butter lover as I am now. Hubby did it to me.  His peanut butter must be Peter Pan. I like any kind, but I try to eat more natural or organic peanut butters, but that doesn't happen all the time.
2. Apples- I feel deprived if I don't have an apple a day. We literally buy a bag of apples from Sam's once a week.
3. Oranges- We now buy these oranges from Sam's that are very sweet. Love them!
4. Milk- I don't like drinking milk, but hubby must have it.  I usually try to keep Almond milk on hand.
5. Red Onions- I don't know what salads were like before red onions, and I love my black bean and corn salad w/ red onions.
6. Black Beans- I make the Black Bean and Corn Salad probably every other week, if not every week.
7. Nuts- Almonds, pecans, peanuts, cashews...love nuts!
8. Eggs- For 2 people, we sure do crack 18 eggs quickly.
9. Bottled Water- I think we should get away from buying bottled water.  My mom always scares me that water bought in a plastic bottle is nothing safe. Yikes!
10. Sardines- You're probably thinking, yucky!! I thought that too before I read how beneficial sardines are to the body.  Hubby loves the sardines in mustard or Louisiana Hot Sauce.  I've only tasted the ones in water.  I remove the inside spine(bones) and mix the sardines as I would tuna salad. This is a great grab and go lunch when we don't have time to make something.


These are our semi-healthy must haves!

No comments:

Post a Comment